[XeTeX] Always bold math & strange unicode-math behaviour

Tobias Schoel liesdiedatei at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 13 18:35:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

your minimal example does work for me, too. I didn't investigate
thoroughly before sending the mail. Now I have found some more issues:
Take this minimal example:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{unicode-math} % Interesting Line 1
\setmathfont{Asana Math}  % Interesting Line 2
\begin{document}
$$\sqrt{\frac{\pi r^2}{4}}$$
\boldmath
$$\sqrt{\frac{\pi r^2}{4}}$$
\end{document}

→ Everything is displayed, but not in bold.

Now comment out Interesting Line 2:
→ Latin Modern is chosen
→ The second formula is bold
→ The \pi is eaten up / not displayed (not even as phantom).

Now comment out Intersting Line 1:
→ The \pi is displayed well (bold and in Latin Modern)

So what component is the source of problems. It looks a lot like
unicode-math. How can we fix it?

bye

Toscho