[XeTeX] Missing char, missing footnote

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Thu Oct 13 00:36:00 CEST 2011

Thank-you to all for the various options, which I plan to pursue, but
have not yet been able to do. Much appreciated.

Zdenek points to the crux of the matter: since I want the label to
appear in a list of tables, it makes sense to use a table, and make a
few adjustments.

In general, algorithms, being finite, will never do everything the way
one would like them all the time--some times it requires intervention.
The real question is when to intervene and how, not whether to do so.
After all, every extension package at some level offers some
functionality that original (Xe(La(TeX))) wasn't set up for, and so is
doing things other than what was 'originally' natural....!

BTW I found the missing character problem. Apparently TeXShop was
picking it up from elsewhere, and that my font was an old version. Once
I put the correct one in place, the problem vanished.

>>> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at  5:32 PM, in message
<CAC1phyaB3GZs-LO0Urie35Ocw0L4FD3dsRqvSoF8g=tKFFBbzw at mail.gmail.com>,
Zdenek