[XeTeX] Odd hyphenations

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Oct 5 02:27:05 CEST 2011

> Thanks.  I will try this and uncomment the \setotherlanguage{Sanskrit}.  That
> way if there are any hyphenations in the Hindi verse, they will occur
> correctly.  Am I correct in thinking this?

  You've got it mostly right.  I was going to write a detailed and
intricate answer, but it's actually simpler to just say: wait for me to
fix the bug in Polyglossia, and you should be fine :-)  Until then,
though, you need to make sure that any run of English text is preceded
by the right settings of \left- and \righthyphenmin, otherwise bad
things will happen -- as you've experienced.

  You've got me confused on one point, though: is it Sanskrit or Hindi
text you're typesetting?  Not that it makes such a difference; and in
the latter case we don't have hyphenation patterns for transliterated
Hindi anyway, so the Sanskrit ones should do a reasonable job.

	Arthur