[XeTeX] fontspec.sty- xelatex: GUI framework cannot be initialized.

Harish Kumar Holla harishkumarholla at pec.edu
Tue Oct 4 07:32:46 CEST 2011

Thanks to every one. Problem was with my miktex installation. I re installed
the same and now XeLaTeX works fine. And it is great with full freedom with
fonts. Neverthless I have a query with the experts.
%=========================================
 It seems the xelatex will not accept figures in .pdf format. Also, there is
mismatch in fonts of figures and rest of the document,  if I include figures
as .png file. So I am planning to put .pgf/.tikz files directly as
\input{myfigure.tikz} . This is the trouble for me. I do not know how to
control the dimensions of the figure in this case. If I use
\begin{figure}[h]
\centerline{\includegraphics[*width=0.575\textwidth*
]{wavemechanics-fig/Figures/gammaraymicroscope.pdf}}
\caption{$\gamma-$ ray microscope} \label{fig:gammaraymicroscope}
\end{figure}
it is fine. But that won't do the job for \input{gammaraymicroscope.pgf}.
\begin{figure}[h]
\centerline{\input{wavemechanics-fig/Figures/gammaraymicroscope.pdf}}