[XeTeX] Polyglossia "broken"?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 00:07:34 CEST 2011

2011/10/2 Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de>:
> 2011/10/2 Alan Munn <amunn at gmx.com>:
>> Well I don't think Philipp has commit privileges, and CTAN isn't happy about random (even highly trusted) people uploading new versions of packages that are still officially maintained.
>
> Which seems to boil down to the original problem:
> polyglossia seems to need a new maintainer.

I wrote it some time ago, so I literally copy the relevant part of
François' letter:

<fc>
The fundamental problem is that polyglossia is no longer actively
maintained (since over a year now). I have offered the package to
various able people (notably the guys working on the LuaLaTeX stuff)
but at the end nobody took it over. The source code is available at
github and everybody can clone it and make further changes. There is
no reason why a moderately simple LaTeX macro package distributed
under the LPPL should stay static for over a year... Unfortunately I
really have NO time at my disposal, and sadly enough, since I have
left academia I no longer have any use for anything TeX-related :(

I think time is ripe for another message on the XeTeX mailing list to
look for a new maintainer... In the meanwhile if you know someone who
might be interested, please tell me!
</fc>

Since I do not know git and have no time to learn it, my suggestion
was to move it to subversion. Although I am busy, adding
\RequirePackage would be easy to me and the bug could be quickly
fixed. There are other things that could (should) be fixed. I can deal
with it since January next year when I am not so bus as now.

> Best
>   Martin

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/