[XeTeX] XETEX cannot access OpenType features in PUA?

Peter Baker psb6m at virginia.edu
Sat Nov 26 23:02:10 CET 2011

Aleks,

I don't have a solution to your problem, but thought I'd write in to say
that I grabbed the font, opened it in FontForge and tested to make sure
the OpenType features seemed to be working correctly there (they were).
Then tried out your test file: saw the same problem you describe. I
don't know what the problem is, but I don't think it has to do with the
PUA or with putting a mark over an unencoded glyph: I've done that
plenty of times in my fonts, and have had no problem.

So this is just by way of saying that I can confirm the problem, but it
seems to me a real mystery.

Peter