[XeTeX] centering layout with geometry package

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 13:17:35 CET 2011

Hi Susan,
Thank you for your reply to my question.

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Susan Dittmar <Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de> wrote:
> What is it that you want? centering or marin=10mm?

Both the centering and margin parameters refer to layout *inside* the
layout area, not outside it. For example, centering can allow your
text area to be centered within the layout area.

By default, the layout area *is* the physical page. But you can set
the layout to be *different* then the page.

The example given in the geometry package manual is to use an a5 size
layout area on a4 paper. In this example, a parameter of margin=10mm
would refer to margins *inside* the a5 size layout area, not outside
the a5 area.

> What is it that you want?

In the example above, I would want to center the a5 size layout area
on the a4 size physical paper, I want the text area to be contained
somewhere inside the a5 area with margins around it, and I want crop
marks on the a4 size area but outside the a5 layout area.

Thank you again,
Dan