[XeTeX] centering layout with geometry package

Susan Dittmar Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de
Fri Nov 25 10:02:17 CET 2011

Dear Daniel,

Quoting Daniel Greenhoe (dgreenhoe at gmail.com):
> Using the geometry package, is there any way to automatically (without
> using layouthoffset and layoutvoffset) to center a layout area on a
> physical page? The default seems for the layout to be pushed into the
> upper left corner of the physical page. Here is an example:
>
> \documentclass{book}
> \setlength{\parskip}{0mm}%
> \setlength{\parindent}{0mm}%
> \usepackage{geometry}
> \geometry{
>   xetex,truedimen,paper=a4paper,
>   centering,twoside=false,
>   ignoreall,
>   layoutheight=200mm,layoutwidth=100mm,
>   margin=10mm,
>   nomarginpar,noheadfoot,
>   showframe,showcrop
>   }
> \begin{document}%
> abc
> \end{document}%

What is it that you want? centering or marin=10mm? I guess geometry just
uses the last directive concerning margins that you give, thus overwriting
the result of 'centering' the moment it read the margin directive. A margin
of 1cm might just be what you call 'pushed into the upper left corner'.

Hope that helps,

	Susan