[XeTeX] VIQR pre-processor wrotten in (Xe)TeX ?

Andrew Cunningham lang.support at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 23:38:31 CET 2011

On 24 November 2011 19:50, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
> Could you offer an example of ambiguous VIQR input, Andrew ?
> I am not sufficiently familiar with the encoding to envisage
> in what way ambiguity might occur.

Word final vowels with punctuation following, e.g. full stop, question mark.

the following sentence:

Tôi yêu tiếng nước tôi từ khi mới ra đời.

is represented in strict VIQR as:

To^i ye^u tie^'ng nu+o+'c to^i tu+` khi mo+'i ra ddo+`i\.

Notice the escaping of the full stop at the end of the sentence.
Without the escaping the full stop would be converted to diacritic
below the letter "i".

or another example:

Anh ddi dda^u\?

This escaping is part of VIQR and any input system that is based on VIQR.

Andrew
--
Andrew Cunningham
Senior Project Manager, Research and Development

andrewc at vicnet.net.au
lang.support at gmail.com