[XeTeX] Scaling fonts in fontspec changes the relative gap in 100 °C when using siunitx

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 16:56:22 CET 2011

On 24/11/2011 14:34, Tobias Schoel wrote:he most sensible approach.

>> In siunitx v2.4 (current release), I dropped several of these 'always
>> math' ideas, and am currently seeing what feedback I get on this. *If*
>> this seems acceptable to users, I may alter the behaviour of the
>> 'product-like' options to also require \ensuremath to guarantee math
>> mode for symbols. This would be a breaking change, and so I feel it is
>> best to first see how the changes in v2.4 work in practice.
> I'm not sure about the defaults either, but if I say "mode=text" or
> "detect-mode" & use \SI in text-mode, then I don't want any
> tex-math-mode to fiddle around in the output. That often confused me in
> the last time. I will try with 2.4.

As I indicated, hindsight can be a wonderful thing. I'll update the
development version of siunitx over the next day or so to include this
change, and you can then see if it works for you. Release of v2.5 is not
likely before Spring 2012, I think.
--
Joseph Wright