[XeTeX] Xparse is broken!

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 10:06:25 CET 2011

On 23/11/2011 08:53, Ari Meir Brodsky wrote:
> I've updated to the most recent versions of packages from MikTeX, and xparse
> seems to be broken, causing all the great features of XeLaTeX not to work.
>
> In particular, line 59 of xparse.sty is looking for a newer version of expl3
> (dated 2011/11/19 or later), but the newest expl3 is dated 2011/10/09.  Is
> anyone else having this problem?
>
> -Ari

The LaTeX3 bundle on CTAN was updated at the weekend, but this is always
done as a unit. So the CTAN versions all match. I've CCd the MiKTeX
list, as this is something that needs attention from Christian Schenk.
For the moment, you could download l3kernel directly from CTAN and do a
local installation.
--
Joseph Wright