[XeTeX] Printing OTF glyph features

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 18:24:54 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 06:46, Stephan wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I have been trying to print out the glyphs of a font (in my case Minion) that
> are used in a stylistic variant. But I have not been able to do that...
>
> Is there a way of printing, let's say, all the glyphs that would be used if a
> feature in a font is turned on ?
>
> For example, the "k" in this stylistic variant is different from the regular
> "k" in the Minion font, however, I would like to know what other glyphs may be
> affected.

I think that Hans Hagen sent me an example for that, written in
ConTeXt MKIV (based on LuaTeX) for that. (I'm not sure if this was
included or not; there was definitely a document for showing
alternatives for OpenType Math, and there was definitely some document
showing different numbers with different features turned on.)

I need to remember where I have those documents, or you can try to ask
the same question on the ConTeXt mailing list (maybe Hans will find
that faster than me).

I assume that you want to inspect the font and that the exact engine
being used to get the job done doesn't matter so much to you?

Mojca