[XeTeX] Printing OTF glyph features

Adam Twardoch (List) list.adam at twardoch.com
Tue Nov 15 17:25:26 CET 2011

Stephan,

you can print font glyphs in XeTeX using \XeTeXglyph followed by the
glyph's decimal index.

You'd need to use a different tool to do the parsing of the OpenType
Layout tables, though. The Python package FontTools/TTX or FontForge
compiled as a Python module can be used to extract this information.
You'd need to do some coding though, going through the GSUB lookups and
compile a list of glyphs that are being output.

A.

On 11-11-15 06:46, Stephan wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I have been trying to print out the glyphs of a font (in my case Minion) that
> are used in a stylistic variant. But I have not been able to do that...
>
> Is there a way of printing, let's say, all the glyphs that would be used if a
> feature in a font is turned on ?
>
> For example, the "k" in this stylistic variant is different from the regular
> "k" in the Minion font, however, I would like to know what other glyphs may be
> affected.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Stephan

May success attend your efforts,
-- Adam Twardoch
(Remove "list." from e-mail address to contact me directly.)