[XeTeX] Whitespace in input

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Mon Nov 14 20:15:41 CET 2011

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011, Karljurgen Feuerherm wrote:
> I use U+12000 and above regularly, as a case in point...

Do you think that basic formatting control functions should be bound to
code points in that range, as the preferred way of accessing those
functions?  Let's not lose track of what this discussion is about.

XeTeX can *with appropriate font support* accept nearly any Unicode point
in its input.  But very few Unicode points are treated specially by XeTeX
as such, and I don't think U+00A0 should be one of them.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.