[XeTeX]   in XeTeX

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:52:48 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:47 AM, Keith J. Schultz <keithjschultz at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I agree with you that one should be able to see the differences in an editor,
> but this feature should be feature to turn off and on.

Absolutely.  If it requires an on switch to take effect, I have no complaints.

> The question is what is an ordinary editor.
>
> Also, most prefer to use their pet editors.

Ordinary editors should include not only VIM and EMACS (in a very
ordinary mode, and without custom scripting) but also things like
gedit, etc.

In other words, I am not comfortable with the idea of a feature which
is on by default, and requires color highlighting of whitespace in an
editor to debug.  If it is off by default, then when you see the on
switch, at least you know where problems might be.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers