[XeTeX] [tex-live] XeTeX/TeX Live : Setting the default language

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Nov 4 11:52:37 CET 2011

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Now imagine that you send your document to a friend to make some final
> corrections&  submit PDF for printing ... and that friend has set
> French or Russian as his default/preferred language, so the printing
> house will print the document typeset with Russian hyphenation
> patterns. Wouldn't that be nice?

A document for export can contain Khaled's recommended :

	\uselanguage {<whatever>}

A document solely for internal use does not require one,
nor should one need to be added : the installer should
ask the user whether it should respect his or her regional
settings ("locale", in Unix-speak, I believe).

** Phil.