[XeTeX] How to Convert Devanagari (sanskrit) text to Telugu Text

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:57:06 CET 2011

2011/11/3 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de>:

> Am 03.11.2011 um 13:46 schrieb A u:
>
>> /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmappings/
>
> The correct pathname would be: /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping. Since your files are local additions to the TeX distribution it's better you save them in
>
>        /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping

This little misprint should not be a problem, AFAIK xetex finds the
.tec files below $TEXMF/fonts/misc, thus fontmappings instead of
fontmapping should not matter but doubling "fonts" in
texmf-local/fonts/fonts/misc/... will be a problem. The output of
strace could help.

> sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/dev2tel       # for easier reading
> sudo cp </path/to/your/file.map> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/dev2tel
> sudo teckit_compile /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/dev2tel/<your file.map> -o /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/dev2tel/<your file.tec>
> sudo mktexlsr /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
>
> If the PDF output is still quite empty we'd need the source file and the LOG file from the XeLaTeX run.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete
>
> Theory and practice are the same, in theory, but, in practice, they are different.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz