[XeTeX] How to Convert Devanagari (sanskrit) text to Telugu Text

A u akupadhyayula at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:46:56 CET 2011

I am repatedly asked to compile here is the process of what I did

Under this directory
/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmappings/

1. I created a folder called "xetex-devtotel"
2. I put the .map file there.
3. Run the teckit_compile
4. It generated the .tec file.
5. Ran the mktexlsr

After that I run my .tex file using xetex.

I got a blank output. am I missing something or is there anything wrong in
the process I followed.