[XeTeX] Possible XeLatex bug observed using beamer class

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed May 4 16:15:35 CEST 2011

Am 03.05.2011 um 16:29 schrieb Martin Collier:

> I've found an inconsistency in colour management when using the
> beamer class
> if using xelatex compared to the output of other engines.

Martin,

you're not describing the failure in "colour management" – but there
is a difference when I use XeLaTeX to compile your minimal example
unchanged – then the PGF xetex driver is used – or when I use the
[dvipdfm] option when loading beamer. In this latter case the colour
gradient is as with pdfTeX (light on top to dark at bottom), in the
former case it's converse, from dark to light (which I appreciate
more: the little elements at the bottom are better visible).

IMO it's a more a PGF thing than caused by the use of XeTeX. Also
compare the LOG files you get, particularly then when you use

	\listfiles

in the preamble. IMO you should report this to Joe and Vedran, the
recent authors of Beamer, and Till Tantau, the author of TikZ/PGF.
When reporting, use the list of files used as generated by \listfiles!

--
Greetings

   Pete

Wasting time is an important part of living.