[XeTeX] Odd font behavior

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sun Mar 13 22:09:03 CET 2011

I'm having a similar problem.  In a font I'm developing, some characters
won't print in XeLaTeX, even though they are fine in Word and Notepad
(Windows, obviously, not Mac).  They display correctly if I set the font
in my editor (TeXworks) to be the font I'm working on, but they don't
show in the TeX-generated PDF on screen or in print.  Word puts them
into a PDF without trouble.  I doublechecked the Unicode values in my
font editor and saw nothing amiss.  It so happens that some of these
characters in the PUA and others in Plane 1; I'm not sure whether that
has anything to do with the problem.

David