[XeTeX] Odd font behavior

Stephen Moye sgmoye at me.com
Sun Mar 13 20:52:25 CET 2011

Three things. First, here is a minimal file that fails to print correctly

%%===8><---%%

% !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
% !TEX TS-program = XeLaTeX

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{xltxtra}
\setmainfont{PFChampionScriptPro-Regular}

\begin{document}

% This prints:
This is some text

% This does not print, though it previews:
\char"EF6C\par %% Also tried using XeTeXglyph
\end{document}

Second, I tried the old XeLaTeX-xdv2pdf engine with the same results.

Third, I tried the brute force approach:

\font\test="PFChampionScriptPro-Regular" at 18pt \test

Likewise to no avail.

Stephen Moye