[XeTeX] TikZ and Polyglossia

Vafa Khalighi vafakhlgh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 02:28:19 CET 2011

use primitive-macro \hboxR

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:09 AM, Anas Ghrab <anas.ghrab at saramusik.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In this old example, is there is a way to get RTL inside the node too ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Anas Ghrab
>
> \documentclass[12pt, a4paper]{article}
> \usepackage{tikz}
> \usetikzlibrary{shapes,arrows}
> \usepackage[no-math]{fontspec}
> \usepackage[quiet]{polyglossia}
> \setdefaultlanguage{arabic}
> \setotherlanguage{english}
> \setromanfont[Scale=1.1]{Times New Roman}
> \defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}
> \setmonofont{Arial}
> \setsansfont{Courier New}
> \newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic]{Times New Roman}
>
> \begin{document}
> a first TikZ image that always compiles
>
> \begin{tikzpicture}
>
>     \draw (0,0) -- (1,1) -- (2,-2) -- (0,0);
>
> \end{tikzpicture}
>
> another TikZ image that always compiles sometimes
>
> \tikzstyle{block} = [rectangle, draw, fill=blue!20, text centered, rounded
> corners, minimum height=4em]
>
> \tikzstyle{line} = [draw, -latex']
>
> \begin{tikzpicture}[node distance = 2cm, auto]
>
>     % Place nodes
>
>     \node [block] (init) {initialize model};
>
>     \node [block, below of=init] (identify) {a b c d e f g h};
>
>     % Draw edges
>
>     \path [line] (init) -- (identify);
>
> \end{tikzpicture}
> \end{document}
>
> Le 7 mai 10 à 16:20, Vafa Khalighi a écrit :
>

> These few lines must be used to patch bidi or pgf/tikz? I mean next version
>> of which package should correct the problem?
>>

> It would not matter actually but because bidi should be loaded as the last
> package, these could be done inside bidi package and I have already done
> that. So if you are interested, you can download it from
> http://bitbucket.org/vafa/bidi and try it.
>
> Have a lovely weekend
>
> --
> Best wishes,
> Vafa Khalighi

If some one say: "You divide ten into two parts: multiply the one by itself;
it will be equal to the other taken eighty-one times." Computation: You say,
ten less thing, multiplied by itself, is a hundred plus a square less twenty
things, and this is equal to eighty-one things. Separate the twenty things
from a hundred and a square, and add them to eighty-one. It will then be a
hundred plus a square, which is equal to a hundred and one roots. Halve the
roots; the moiety is fifty and a half. Multiply this by itself, it is two
thousand five hundred and fifty and a quarter. Subtract from this one
hundred; the remainder is two thousand four hundred and fifty and a quarter.
Extract the root from this; it is forty-nine and a half. Subtract this from
the moiety of the roots, which is fifty and a half. There remains one, and
this is one of the two parts.

*Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī*