[XeTeX] Space characters and whitespace

enrico.gregorio at univr.it enrico.gregorio at univr.it
Thu Mar 3 21:29:14 CET 2011

Tobias Schoel wrote:

> Thanks for the info.
>
> Will something break up, when using
>
> \newunicodechar{<U+2009>}{\,\hspace{0pt}}
> \newunicodechar{<U+202F>}{\,}
>
> in the preamble? Or does some important or highly used package
> use these characters specifically?

No package that I know of does anything with these characters. But that's
not the correct syntax; either you put the actual characters in the first
argument, or write as Ulrike suggested

\newunicodechar{^^^^2009}{\,\hspace{0pt}}
\newunicodechar{^^^^202f}{\,}

Notice the lowercase f. Then any such character in your document will
translate to "breakable thin space" and "non breakable thin space"
respectively.

Ciao
Enrico

--
Enrico Gregorio          + Dipartimento di Informatica          + Tel: +39 045 8027937
Enrico.Gregorio at univr.it + Università degli Studi di Verona     +