[XeTeX] changing font for numbers in math mode?

David Cottenden d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 09:32:11 CEST 2011

Greetings,

I'm not very expert - so don't quiz me overly - but my understanding is
that setmathrm changes the maths roman font, whereas by default the
maths digits are drawn from the normal maths font. You can change which
font the digits are drawn from with:

   \DeclareMathSymbol{0}\mathalpha{operators}{"30}
   \DeclareMathSymbol{1}\mathalpha{operators}{"31}
   \DeclareMathSymbol{2}\mathalpha{operators}{"32}
   \DeclareMathSymbol{3}\mathalpha{operators}{"33}
   \DeclareMathSymbol{4}\mathalpha{operators}{"34}
   \DeclareMathSymbol{5}\mathalpha{operators}{"35}
   \DeclareMathSymbol{6}\mathalpha{operators}{"36}
   \DeclareMathSymbol{7}\mathalpha{operators}{"37}
   \DeclareMathSymbol{8}\mathalpha{operators}{"38}
   \DeclareMathSymbol{9}\mathalpha{operators}{"39}

I've been using this for a year or two to replace Euler digits (which
may have merits, but clearly don't match any text digits).

Hope that helps,

David