[XeTeX] Loading fonts from a common server or http URL

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Wed Jun 22 12:27:05 CEST 2011

Phil,

MiKTeX, available for Windows users, does exactly what you describe (if you
give it permission to download missing packages automatically; you can turn
that off if desired).  That's the main reason I use it in preference to
TeXLive.  I realize it's not helpful for non-Windows folks, but it shows
that your idea is not " pie in the sky."

David