[XeTeX] Roman Numerals as stylistic alternatives

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jun 20 09:32:48 CEST 2011

Am 19.06.2011 um 23:40 schrieb Tobias Schoel:

> m I the OP? (I don't know that abbreviation and therefore I am
> confused.)

*O*riginal *P*oster. (I hope this posting looks original as well.)

> Unicode has codepoints for the roman numerals from 1 to 12 (why 12?).
> So should CXV be stored as an ideogram for 115 or composed of three
> glyphs 1.C, 1.X and 5.V?

Have you seen in your life analog watches? (Did you manage to notice
the shape of numbers on the clock-face? I remember having seen a wrist
watch with Roman numerals – in a joke!) Have you noticed how different
the writing of dates can be? (And what is the number of known months?)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

We also sponsor National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week
annually in September.
Join the millions!