[XeTeX] Linux Libertine 5 serif too heavy

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Tue Jun 14 06:01:30 CEST 2011

Hi David,

On 14/06/2011, at 11:15 AM, David J. Perry wrote:

> Ross,
>
> It looks like you may have multiple versions of Libertine.  The list of fonts at the left of your screen shot shows Linux Libertine O, which is the opentype version (fonts endings in .otf), while the main portion shows .ttf fonts, which are named Linux Libertine (no 'O').  I had the same problem a while back, accidentally having installed both versions.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It seems like there have been problems with downloading
the archive from SourceForge.

Last time I tried the archive was broken:
viz.

[GlenMorangie:~/Downloads] rossmoor% tar tf LinLibertineFont-4.4.1.tar
LinLibertineFont/
LinLibertineFont/Biolinum_Re-0.4.1.ttf
LinLibertineFont/LinLibertineC_Re-4.0.3.ttf
LinLibertineFont/Readme-TEX.txt
LinLibertineFont/LinLibertine_Re-4.4.1.otf
LinLibertineFont/LinLibertine_It-4.0.6.ttf
LinLibertineFont/Readme
LinLibertineFont/LinLibertineC_Re-4.0.3.otf
LinLibertineFont/LICENCE.txt
LinLibertineFont/ChangeLog.txt
LinLibertineFont/LinLibertine_BI-4.0.5.ttf
LinLibertineFont/LinLibertine_BI-4.0.5.otf
LinLibertineFont/GPL.txt
LinLibertineFont/LinLibertine_Re-4.4.1.ttf
tar: Truncated input file (need to skip 512 bytes)
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

There is no purely italic version in there.
Who knows how much of the archive is missing!

>  Go with one or the other and see if that helps.  Maybe Sebastian has the same issues.

I think it is time to try to get the archive afresh.

> Best wishes,
> David

Cheers,

	Ross