[XeTeX] Problem with ocrb10.otf ligature 'fi'

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Mon Jun 13 01:01:02 CEST 2011

Hello Pander,

On 13/06/2011, at 6:26 AM, Pander wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have discovered a problem with ocrb10.otf the ligatures are not workig
> correctly in xelatex. ttx from fonttools reports only these common
> ligatures: ff-ffi-ffl-fi-fl. See example below for result. How to solve
> this?

Where did you obtain your OCR fonts from?

I just downloaded the demo from here:
      http://www.barcodesoft.com/ocr_font.aspx
and the font file names are  OCRB.otf , OCRBI.otf , OCRBIII.otf ,
and OCRBIV.otf  in OTF format.

Given that this is meant to be a mono-spaced font, I'd not expect
to have any ligatures at all.

Changing your code example to:

>>> {\fontspec{OCRB}abc ff ffi ffl fl fi}
>>> \bigskip
>>>
>>> {\fontspec[Ligatures={Required,Common,Rare}]{OCRB}abc ff ffi ffl fl fi}
>>> \bigskip
>>>
>>> {\fontspec[Ligatures={NoRequired,NoCommon,NoRare}]{OCRB}abc ff ffi ffl fl fi}
>>> \bigskip

the result is attached below.