[XeTeX] [Off-topic] Persian versus Farsi

Vafa Khalighi vafa018 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 14:45:21 CEST 2011

Thanks Gareth for sharing your knowledge. However, we never adopted Arabic
as our language. After Arabs conquest, we spoke Arabic for 200 years but
then Yaghoug Leith Saffari made the Persian language, the official language
again. He is known as the father of Dari Persian. The main sensetivity
between Iranians about the use of Farsi instead Persian is that, West always
has tried its best to be anti-Iranian. One obvious example is the films that
has been made about Ancient Persians, for instance in the film "Alexander"
made in 2004, they introduce Persians as cruel and Bloodthirsty and on the
other hand they introduce Greeks as angels. So we simply can not trust West!