[XeTeX] Persian verus Farsi

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jun 10 15:43:45 CEST 2011

Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> A while ago, I insisted on using the word "Persian" instead "Farsi".
> My friend, Shapour * *Suren-Pahlav from the circle of ancient Iranian
> studies has written an article about this. You can see his article
> here: http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/Languages/persian_not_farsi.htm

Well, yes : but is it any worse than the Americans describing
their language as "English" ?!  At least the French-speaking
residents of Québec have the decency to call their language
"Québécois" and not try to pass it off as French :-)

Philip Taylor