[XeTeX] Quotation marks

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Jun 8 13:47:04 CEST 2011

Am Wed, 8 Jun 2011 05:54:27 -0500 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

>  and certainly don't use the fontenc package.

There is no problem to *use* fontenc with xelatex. fontspec is
actually loading itself. And I'm loading it to use my chess fonts.
The problem is that by loading it with the option T1 *after*
fontspec, T1 will be the active encoding at the start of the
document. If you want another encoding you must either change the

It is like loading \usepackage[ngerman,english,russian]{babel}: The
last language loaded is active until you change it with
\selectlanguage.

--
Ulrike Fischer