[XeTeX] Greek (and other Unicode) letters in math mode

Mariusz Wodzicki wodzicki at math.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 1 11:08:03 CEST 2011

Gerrit <z0idberg at gmx.de> wrote:

>>>Well, I enhanced my keyboard layout as well, but usually it is not as
>>>convenient as to write it out. When I have to press AltGr+Shift + some
>>>other keys at the same time to get α, I think it is easier to just type
>>>\alpha. Usually, it is not that often that I need Greek letters, so that
>>>they don’t warrant a special key.

Half a year ago I prepared and thoroughly tested a keyboard layout for Linux
which provides easy, fast, and in most cases intuitive input of practically
all common and some less common mathematical symbols. It is conveniet not just
for XeLaTeX. It may be even more convenient for typing Math, e.g., in emails.

If there is interest I would be happy to make this layout together with detailed
instructions how to install it and use -- available to everybody.

Mariusz Wodzicki