[XeTeX] What's this error: "pdf_link_obj(): passed invalid object." ?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Jul 20 10:57:50 CEST 2011

Am Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:31:45 +0200 schrieb Thomas Fehige:

>>> The strange thing is that most times it works and sometimes
>>> it complains, without my changing anything about the included files.
>>> That doesn't make error tracking easier ;)

>> Perhaps it depends on the place where/when the included pdf is
>> inserted. E.g. it could break a hyperref link.

> Well, I'm not sure. I can't reproduce the problem at will. The
> identical(!) source file compiles fine after some failed attempts. Maybe
> it is something that happens in the toc, because when the error arises
> the next attempt compiles OK, but, naturally, without the toc. In the
> next round, when the toc-file is there to be read, the problem is back.

If the auxiliary files (like the toc, the .out-file of the
bookmarks, the aux etc) then you are not compiling identical files.
The auxiliary files can change a lot of things (bookmarks,
citations, table of contents, pages breaks ...)

So it is not surprising that an error appears only if a toc, aux or
out or another auxiliary file is present.

--
Ulrike Fischer