[XeTeX] amsrefs and xeCJK don't play nice together

Nathan Sidoli nathan.sidoli at utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 19 03:26:21 CEST 2011

If the bulk of your document is in Japanese, XeCJK is not an ideal
option, because the formatting will not be nice. (Actually, CJK is a
strange notion, and clearly indicates that these packages are meant to
be used for work in which there are just some small quotations of one of
these languages.)

When I collaborate with Japanese colleagues on work in Japanese we
always end up using pTeX, because the formatting of any of the CJK
packages will never by satisfactory for a native reader.