[XeTeX] epsdice package.

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Jul 17 00:20:32 CEST 2011

Am 16.07.2011 um 23:32 schrieb Michael Joyner:

> How would one leverage that to handle my font defines of (below) for
> only a fixed range of unicode?

You either use a loop to activate the up to 128 characters or you use
a font with Cherokee script and characters support to type Cherokee.
Or I don't understand your question...

Jonathan Kew uses this loop in CJKsample.tex:

	\newcount\n \n="3000 \loop \ifnum\n<"A000
	  \lccode`\~=\n \catcode\n=\active
	  \lowercase{\xdef~{\brk \char\number\n \brk}} \advance\n by 1 \repeat

It's also possible to use \XeTeXinterchartoks to bind a character
range to a particular font (I think). It's documented in The XETEX
Companion (a work in progress), available for free from CERN – if it
still exists (I don't know exactly what the strange particles they
experiment with can perform).

You don't need to type everything in only one font!

--
Greetings

   Pete

People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic
things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they
install MS Windows.