[XeTeX] epsdice package.

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Sat Jul 16 22:30:48 CEST 2011

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> like "hay" (or some other form of money) or different, like in German for
> example? (That's the reason IPA was invented: it's completely clear.)

I think the point Michael was making is that because Cherokee is already
written in a phonetic script, transliterating it into a different phonetic
script the students don't know and don't need to know and requiring them
to learn that on top of the script they actually want to learn, would be
counterproductive.  Bear in mind that the audience for his project is not
linguists who might already know IPA, but language learners.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.