[XeTeX] Isomath, Mathspec and Siunitx

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Jul 5 11:22:31 CEST 2011

Am Tue, 05 Jul 2011 06:56:48 +0200 schrieb Le Farfadet Spatial:

> Hello everybody out there!
>
>      I am experiencing some troubles while using together Isomath,
> Mathspec and Siunitx. First, it seems that the font Linux Libertine does
> not have any bold italic characters.

That's wrong. You don't get bold italic in your \empf{\bf ..}
because of the (obsolete and here wrong) \bf. Use \bfseries instead.

>  As a consequence, when using
> "\mathbfit" in mathematical environment, the font is not Linux
> Libertine, but LModern.

No. It is lmodern because isomath defines it to point to this font
(\math... commands always points to specific fonts) and because
mathspec/fontspec doesn't overwrite this definition (\mathbfit is
not a standard command). If you don't want to use unicode-math you
will have to do the redeclaration yourself:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{isomath}
\usepackage{mathspec}

\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O}
\setmathfont{Linux Libertine O}

\ExplSyntaxOn\makeatletter
\SetMathAlphabet\mathbfit{normal}\zf at enc\g_fontspec_mathrm_tl\bfdefault\itdefault
\ExplSyntaxOff\makeatother

\begin{document}

\emph{\bfseries u} $\mathbfit{u}$
\end{document}

> LModern is also used with predefine function
> such as "\ln", and with Siunitx. Here is an example summarizing the
> troubles I have:

In this case it is due to the definition of \ln (and independant of
siunitx). \ln uses the operator font. mathspec loads as default
fontspec with option "no-math", so fontspec doesn't change the
operator font. You can use \usepackage[math]{mathspec}.

--
Ulrike Fischer