[XeTeX] How can I use IEEEtran class with XeLaTeX?

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Mon Jan 31 13:52:18 CET 2011

El ene 31, 2011, a las 4:02 a.m., Ross Moore escribió:

> The IEEE class file is not aware of the existence of XeTeX.

The class file is inanimate, it could be changed, but more to the point, I don't think the editorial staff who prepare IEEE Transactions with post-acceptance papers are aware/accepting of it.  Not to badmouth the IEEE, which is a fine professional society, but my experience with mainstream journals in general is that their staffs are generally not very receptive to XeTeX and other new-fangled tools.  One could get away with using XeTeX with IEEE or other *conference* papers where only a final properly formatted PDF is required for the proceedings, but anytime a source file has to be supplied, using its features will only slow down the production process and delay the appearance of your paper.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao