[XeTeX] strande behavior of Linux Libertine fonts with optio Fractions=On

Alexey Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Sun Jan 16 22:04:33 CET 2011

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 11:09:40 -0600 (CST)
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:

> I'd been hoping for the source code as such - i.e. the *.fea files.
> Looking at the substitution tables after they're compiled into the
> *.otf files can be difficult with a complicated feature like
> arbitrary-length fractions; the table format isn't designed to be
> human-readable.

Note that OT layouts aren't always generated from Adobe's feature
files: *.fea is just one of possible human-readable formats. FontForge
and MS Volt don't use this format, but instead provide a visual
GUI for designing OT features, while Rogier van Dalen's OTComp
utility uses an alternate feature description format.

As for me, I like FontForge's GUI, but feel absolutely uncomfortable
with Adobe's files, so you won't find any *.fea "sources" for my own
fonts :) However FontForge allows to import/export Adobe's files, so
you could just use this feature and then study the imported file.

--
Regards,
Alexey Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty