[XeTeX] supplying missing glyphs?

Dave Howell groups.2009a at grandfenwick.net
Thu Jan 13 21:39:00 CET 2011

Thanks to Jiang and Peter for responding!

xeCJK.sty doesn't appear to have any documentation in the .sty file, so I'm not sure what it actually *does,* but "ucharclasses.sty" sounds like it's *exactly* what I'm looking for.

Peter, you also said to see "Will Robertson's XeTeX-reference (available with texdoc)"

I'm afraid I don't know what "available with texdoc" means. Now, it is distinctly possible that the reason I couldn't find anything about \XeTeXinterchartoks in my local documentation is because I'm running on the 2007 TeXlive installation. After I sent off my original message, I moved to the last bit of the project I'm working on, which involves a PDF with hyperlinks, something I've never done before. After a few hours of failing to get it to work correctly, I finally figured out that the problem wasn't me, it was that the version of hyperref.sty I had just flat out didn't work.

So I installed the 2010 TeXlive system.

That turned out to be a bad idea. My floats suffered catastrophic malfunctions. I eventually traced it to caption.sty's rewriting wrapfig's "wrapfloat" command, but could not figure out how to make wrapfig work except by denying caption access to it, which broke my captions for my wrapfigs. Eventually I had to roll my setup back to 2007, and then just pluck out 2010's hyperref.sty and overlay that.

ucharclass.sty does not have any code that checks what *version* of XeTeX it's running under, but a quick test under my operational system got me

	! Undefined control sequence: \XeTeXinterchartokenstate

So I'm guessing my current XeTeX 3.141592-2.2-0.996 doesn't *have* \XeTeXinterchartoks, whereas the XeTeX 3.1415926-2.2-0.9997.4 in TeXLive 2010 does. I think I can slip the newer version of XeTeX into place without taking all the style files along with, but that'll have to wait until after I've delivered the current project to the publisher. {quick check} Hmm. Looks like I added "caption.sty" to my standard typesetting configuration with this work. I may just have to 'un-add' it in order to make these other packages work.

Thanks for the info!