[XeTeX] supplying missing glyphs?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 8 17:36:44 CET 2011

Am 08.01.2011 um 02:30 schrieb Dave Howell:

> What does "\XeTeXinterchartoks" do, exactly, and is it a better tool
> for this than making every 'special' character require executing my
> "invokeglyph" macro?

Yes. It allows to set a particular font (family) to serve for a
particular range of characters When you find some flaw (hole) in the
setup you can correct it there, in the preamble, by some means.

See Will Robertson's XeTeX-reference (available with texdoc), and see
Enrico Gregorio's eMail to this list from 2009-05-28. You can also
check Mike "Pomax" Kamermans' project http://projects.nihongoresources.com/xelatex/ucharclasses
.

In the list's archive you'll find some more examples.

--
Greetings

   Pete

What is this talk of 'release?' Klingons do not make software
'releases.'  Our software 'escapes,' leaving a bloody trail of
designers and quality assurance people in its wake.