[XeTeX] OT features -- followup

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 21 23:23:02 CET 2011

Am 21.02.2011 um 02:36 schrieb David Perry:

> COMMENT: similar warnings follow about ligatures not being
> available. But all these OT features are in the italic font and work
> correctly in some programs other than XeTeX, and I was asking for
> them to be applied to portions of the test file that are in italic.

David,

you surely have the one or other qualified font. To test the features
of italic font you can construct a font set (of the usual four
variants) with this italic font as regular and the other variants
taken from this qualified font. Like in:

	\setmainfont[UprightFont={Cardo-Italic}, BoldFont={HelveticaNeue-
Bold}, BoldItalic={HelveticaNeue-BoldItalic},
ItalicFont={HelveticaNeue-LightItalic}]{Helvetica Neue}

(syntax could be fontspec v. 1) Using this scheme you could create a
set of several different fonts in which you could activate particular
features as in:

	\newfontfamily\testthis[UprightFont=Cardo-
Italic,UprightFeatures={RawFeature=-liga}, BoldFont={HelveticaNeue-
Bold}, BoldItalic={HelveticaNeue-BoldItalic},
ItalicFont={HelveticaNeue-LightItalic}]{Helvetica Neue}

It's all not tested. If UprightFeatures don't exist, then set up your
fonts with Cardo-Italic as italic variant and ItalicFeatures.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If it does exist, it's out of date.