[XeTeX] XeTeX, fontspec, OTF, and fontdimens

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 20 13:42:51 CET 2011

Am 20.02.2011 um 12:56 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

>> XeTeX' Computer Modern default is actually Latin Modern. Without
>> fontspec it loads the PostScript variants of Computer Modern.
>
> I'm not sure what this means, but without fontspec (or EU1 fontenc)
> XeTeX loads exactly the same computer modern fonts as other engines in
> your distribution.

It loads the same simple PostScript Type 1 fonts. The original
Computer Modern METAFONT based fonts are not used.

--
Greetings

   Pete

$ sumascii BILL GATES
   B   I   L   L   G   A   T   E   S
  66+ 73+ 76+ 76+ 71+ 65+ 84+ 69+ 83 = 663

  and add 3 because he's Bill Gates the third.