[XeTeX] Multi directional paragraphs

Arash Zeini arash.zeini at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 13:41:46 CET 2011

On Tuesday 15 February 2011, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> I dont really consider this a bug. With verse environment, you set right
> and left skips and so if it is already LTR, you have set your right and
> left skips for LTR and putting \setRTL would not change right and left
> skip because they already have been set. See the attached document. I
> think this is the right way to use it. What do you think?

Well, if you look at my PDF again, you will see a difference between my
example and yours. In your case the result is correct but not in my case. I
have looked at it again and I get the correct result if I use your syntax:

\setRTL
\begin{verse}
\end{verse}

But not, if I use:

\begin{verse}

	\setRTL ...
\end{verse}

With the quote environment, however, I already get the correct result with the
second type of syntax. If I am not mistaken, having one set of \begin{verse}
... \end{verse} helps me reduce some vertical space. This is also important
while working with the source because I like to keep one set of quotations
inside one pair of commands.

I think this is a bug. Could you please look at it again?

Thanks,
Arash