[XeTeX] Bidi, memoir and footnotes

Vafa Khalighi vafakhlgh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 22:29:39 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Arash Zeini <arash.zeini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Bidi v1.0.3 as part of a packaged TeXLive installation on a
> Debian
> unstable:
> "XeTeX 3.1415926-2.2-0.9995.2 (TeX Live 2009/Debian) // kpathsea version
> 5.0.0
> // Copyright 2009 SIL International and Jonathan Kew."
>
> I have a fairly complex master document to hold all the pieces of my thesis
> together. I use the memoir document class with ledmac and several layers of
> footnotes. Now, when I try to load the bidi package, I get the following
> error
> message:
>
> "! No room for a new \count .
> \ch at ck ...\else \errmessage {No room for a new #3}
>                                                  \fi

That is a very old version of bidi but to answer your question: bidi
redefines all footnote internals from standard latex. In the upcomming
version of bidi, I have implemented extrafootnotefeatures option motivated
by memoir and ledmac footnote features that allows you to typeset footnotes
from 2 columns to 10 columns. Is this helpful?