[XeTeX] Running out of memory in XeSearch while trying to XeIndex on largish latex files.

Michael Joyner michael at newsrx.com
Wed Feb 9 20:52:01 CET 2011

Good Afternoon,

Help! :)

We are trying to use XeIndex/XeSearch on what we consider to be some
medium/small documents and are getting the following error:

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save size=80000].
\pdfstringdef ... \let \GenericError \@gobblefour
                                                  \let \GenericWarning
\@gob...
l.5671
Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 26308 strings out of 494522
 458137 string characters out of 503842
 738532 words of memory out of 3000000
 29310 multiletter control sequences out of 15000+200000
 9330 words of font info for 51 fonts, out of 3000000 for 9000
 670 hyphenation exceptions out of 8191
 40i,7n,43p,500b,80001s stack positions out of
5000i,500n,10000p,200000b,80000s
Output written on 000002944.pdf (79 pages).

I have tried increasing the 'save size' above 80000, but it doesn't seem to
go any higher. :(

This occurs when the package is loaded, regardless as to whether we specify
words to index or not.

We tested with just XeSearch loading, and the same error occurred.

We would really appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks!
-Mike