[XeTeX] XeSyriac: Syriac typesetting for XeLaTeX: alaph-test version

Gareth Hughes garzohugo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 02:22:44 CET 2011

Tentatively, I offer the alaph-test version of XeSyriac, a package for
Syriac typesetting with XeLaTeX. I've set up a web page for the package
from which all or parts of it may be downloaded:
http://www.garzo.co.uk/xesyriac

There is still quite a lot of work that I intend to do on the package,
and that is clear from the documentation. However, I realised it would
help me to bring the monster out into the open and seek advice on its
development. I am not technically minded, and have developed this
package as an a regular end user. With this in mind, I would like some
feedback from

1. The handful of Syriacists who now use XeLaTeX, to ascertain if this
is what we want/need, and if there are any end-user requests.

2. Those who know what packages should look like and how to code them,
to correct my errors and over-exuberances.

I am already grateful to those who have suggested snippets of code here
and there that have gone into the package. I have tried to recognise
each of you, and will continue to do so for all who offer further guidance.

With the fear and trepidation of a new parent,

Gareth.