[XeTeX] polyglossia + russian + texttt + Courier New error

Igor Kotelnikov igor.kotelnikov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 08:19:01 CET 2011

Thanks a lot, Alexey!

Your reply was the most informative. I found that similar errors are issued
for many OTF fonts which contain Cyrillic glyphs. Hence, most radical
solution would be for the polyglossia to issue a warning rather that an
error as suggested in
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2009-March/012365.html

I guess that I could correct the problem by editing the polyglossia myself
but I don't want to do that since the polyglossia is often modified by its
developers.

I experimented with \newfontfamily trying to define the \cyrillicfont
command as you proposed but did not succeed. Can anybody help me?

Regards,
Igor