[XeTeX] Kerning flaw with MinionPro & XeTex

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:31:52 CET 2011

On 7 Feb 2011, at 11:17, Alessandro Ceschini wrote:

> Now, gentlemen, since it's obvious a patch won't be released soon,

If someone submits a patch that corrects the underlying ICU issue, it could be "released soon", I expect. But it does depend on someone investing time and effort in writing the code.

> I beg
> you to provide me a workaround that doesn't force me to undergo the epic
> effort of manually kerning the book.

A couple of possible workarounds: either modify the font file to avoid the issue (Adam's analysis makes it clear how this could be done) -- provided this is compatible with your license, of course -- or use a different typeface that doesn't exhibit the problem.