[XeTeX] Kerning flaw with MinionPro & XeTex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 6 22:05:08 CET 2011

Am 06.02.2011 um 20:43 schrieb Alessandro Ceschini:

> Now, what about the
> "kerning=mykerns" option that would allow me to set a standard
> paradigm
> for this combination without having to look for & add relevant
> instructions ad infinitum?

It's simple: improve XeTeX's code! Add some functions and modules to
it to find these settings and apply them when building words or making
– and marking! – exceptions, find a place in TDS for these kerning
files to stay...

Are you sure you can't achieve flawlessly with LuaTeX what comes out
not perfect from XeTeX? LuaTeX as well works with fonts and their
tables features directly, it also uses fontspec. I couldn't yet work
with LuaTeX because some utilities died when they tried to build one
more cache of font data available, but it should be able to work with
Unicode, UTF-8, or such, encoded text... And when something is missing
in LuaTeX you just write your own procedure in Lua.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If it should exist, it doesn't.